Translate Post to a language

Tuesday 25 June 2013

How Firm a Foundation!



This week I decided to ask someone for a scripture they like, and I have to say this is one of my favorites. This week's Scripture is in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Helaman chapter 5 verse 12 which says:

" And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless woe, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."


When I read this scripture I think of our relationship with the Lord. Our foundation grows deeper and stronger when we read his teachings in the scriptures and pray. Satan tries with his mighty winds and whirlwinds which could be trials, opposition, illnesses, and even temptations. Satan wants us to be miserable and will do anything he can to make that happen. This scripture actually brings a hymn into my mind, "How Firm a Foundation". I love the third verse which says "Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed, For I am they God and will still give thee aid. I'll strength thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,  upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand." I know as I continue to build my relationship with Christ I will stand strong on his Foundation. As we stand on the Foundation of the Lord we can go through all things that Satan throws at us and stay strong in adversity.

What do you think when you read this scripture? How do you think you can build your Foundation with Christ stronger this week? If you have any comments feel free to post it on the Bottom of the page or on my Facebook page. I would also like to attach a link to the Song "How Firm a Foundation" so everyone will have an opportunity to hear for themselves the words of this beautiful song. Here is a link on the bottom of the page:

http://www.lds.org/music/library/search?lang=eng&query=Ellis,%20J.

No comments:

Post a Comment