Translate Post to a language

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Our Kind of Service





I was thinking about what I was going to do for this weeks Blog scripture and I came across a picture that I really liked. So the topic of the day is Service, the Scripture that I thought to use was one from my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Mosiah chapter 2 verse 17 which reads:

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."



Reading this scripture and looking at this picture has really made me think of what kind of service we all can do, each of us are unique and in someway. I like how this scripture says that it is the purpose of wisdom that we are learning these things from the scripture and I believe that it is right, as this verse says that if we do service for others its as if we were doing it to God. I know that every time I help someone I always feel good from helping others with things. A Talent that I can think that I have been blessed with is to be able to play the flute I have found that playing music for others has helped some feel at peace and comfort when they hear me play. I find that this talent has been a blessing to me and those around me and I'm happy when I can do service for them.

This is what I think about this scripture, what do you think about it? If you haven't thought of it before what kind of Talent do you have and have you used it to serve someone? Comment below or comment on my Facebook say what you think. If you have a scripture you would like me to talk about please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read my Blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment