Translate Post to a language

Thursday 23 January 2014

Meditate on the scriptures

This week while I've been studing my scriptures this past week I thought of what else could I say of how important the scriptures are to me and why they are so important for us to read them and then I came accross this great scripture in Joshua that talked about just that. In Joshua Chapter 1 Verse 8 it says:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

While reading this scripture it made me think about what I learn from the scriptures and how it helps me with the decisions I make in my life. I know that God knows what is best for me that is why he gave us commandments which we should follow not because they are to restrain us but the fact it's there for our protection, he knows if we live by his word which we can read in the scriptures and through his living prophet and apostles. As it says if we observe to do according to all that is written in the scriptures then we can be prosperous and have success. Let us continue to read his words everyday that we may be guided and we can know how to draw closer to him each day, and if were not reading I would like to give the challenge to read his word through the scriptures and see how it can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment